iFreeStyle Studio Group Classes Reopening & COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
In an effort to ensure a safe environment and in accordance with the guidelines of the Province of Ontario, The City of Toronto and Public Health authorities, protocols are in place at Dovercourt House. Similarly, some changes to the structure of classes have been modified. We will continue to monitor guidelines from these sources and will make necessary modifications. Thank for your patience and cooperation!
COVID-19 Protocols @ iFreeStyle.ca
Protocols are subject to change at any time based on guidelines provided by the Province of Ontario, The City of Toronto and Public Health authorities, the protocols at Dovercourt House.
- Masks: Masks are required to be worn inside the building. During classes you may opt to not wear your mask, however it is encouraged to provide further protection to yourself for fellow students. If you leave the room to use the washroom, you must wear a mask. Wearing gloves is optional.
- Taking Temperatures: We will be taking contactless temperature prior to entry and admission to each class.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing during classes will be observed (6ft between students). This includes keeping distance, while you change, where your put your belongings, etc. In other words, for the duration of the time you spend inside the studio.
- Rotations: For the time being there will be no partner work classes. For shines classes, there will be minimal line rotations.
- Mingling: In order to prevent gatherings in hallways, students are not permitted to linger in the hallway prior to class and are asked to leave the building as soon as possible after class. While waiting to enter the studio maintain at least two metres distance from all others.
- Greetings: For the time being, and for the comfort of all, lets ensure that our greetings in the studio also follow social distancing practices (no physical contact - i.e. hugs, kisses, etc)
- Washrooms: Please use only the washrooms on the same floor as the class studio.
- Shoes: Please no outdoor shoes during classes.
- For your safety AND to preserve the cleanliness of the space between classes and cleanings, as much as possible, avoid touching anything other than your personal belongings.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS @ Dovercourt House
In an effort to ensure a safe environment and in accordance with the guidelines of the Province of Ontario, The City of Toronto and Public Health authorities, the following protocols are in place at Dovercourt House:
~ Andrew Haslett
- If any of the following applies to you, we respectfully ask you to stay home:
- You have experienced any symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of smell or taste, nausea vomiting or diarrhea) related to COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
- You have been around anyone experiencing those same symptoms of COVID-19 as above in the last two weeks.
- You have traveled in the last 2 weeks by plane.
- Please wash your hands upon entering the building and then each time you use the washroom.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your arm
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone while inside the building, with exceptions allowable for those under 2 years old or those with medical or breathing conditions. As per the City of Toronto direction on the mask wearing by-law, masks may be temporarily removed “…when engaging in a fitness activity (e.g. swimming) that would make wearing a mask difficult or hazardous”. Those not engaging in a fitness activity must continue to wear masks. In situations where engaging in a fitness activity would make wearing a mask difficult or hazardous, social distancing measures must be enforced and those engaged in the fitness activities must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet apart, unless they are within a social bubble, in which case those individuals will be exempt from social distancing measures up to 10 people (as per the direction of the City of Toronto).
- There is a wall-mounted automatic hand sanitizer station available at the entrance to each of the 4 spaces. Organizers and patrons are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and to use it frequently in order to help minimize the spread of bacteria.
- All 4 spaces and the washrooms on all 4 floors will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each night. The washrooms will be disinfected at 6:00 p.m. Apart from that the organizers of each activity and event will be responsible for any further cleaning and/or disinfection measures as required.
- There will be no walk-in traffic allowed for any activities or events. Everyone who attends activities or events must be pre-registered or known to be attending in order to participate in any activity or event at Dovercourt House.
- Activities and events will be subject to social distancing measures. Participants must maintain a distance of 6 feet from each other. There is an exception granted for those that are members of a social bubble, in which case the maximum number of people permitted without social distancing is 10 people.
- In order to accommodate for social distancing measures, there will be a maximum capacity of 40 people allowed in each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors, and a maximum capacity of 25 people allowed in the basement space regardless of the listed capacity of each of those respective spaces.
- Once an activity or event is done there is to be no mingling but rather all participants are requested to leave the building as quickly as possible in order to accommodate subsequent rentals and to be able to minimize unnecessary extra contact with others.
~ Andrew Haslett